The Insurance Family Blog

Business Insurance - Covering Your Signs

Posted by Susie Scherff on November 3, 2011 at 8:00 AM

Restaurants, auto repair shops, real estate offices and nearly all other businesses have signs that tell their customers their name, address, hours of operation and so on. Signs may be simple or complex and many businesses typically use lighted signs. The Sign policy created by Insurance Services Office is available to insure against the loss or destruction of signs, including fluorescent, neon, automatic or mechanical sign. Coverage also extends to lamps. However, fixed, non-lighted signs (such as billboards) are not eligible under a sign policy, even if they are illuminated by separate electric lights.

Read More

Topics: Commercial Auto Insurance, Condominium Insurance, commercial insurance for restaurants

Protecting your restaurant from loss of utility services

Posted by Susie Scherff on October 20, 2011 at 3:46 AM

A commercial property insurance policy can usually be depended upon to handle direct loss to structures, equipment and related property that are owned by a restaurant or other food service business.  However, what happens when weather conditions take a turn for the worse and cause indirect damage by knocking out utility services to your establishment?  Examples of losses include damage by heat-induced transformer breakdowns; or broken power lines, including compressors, motors and switches, which could result in food spoilage.

Read More

Topics: restaurant insurance, commercial insurance for restaurants, food service, utility interruption, property insurance for restaurants, off premises utility interruption, restaurants