- When customers communicate their food allergies, take precautions in their food preparation.
- Keep hot foods hot (over 140 degrees) and cold food cold (under 41 degrees).
- Wear gloves and hair nets when preparing any food.
- Sanitize all food preparation surfaces, utensils, and containers.
- Warn customers of hot plates.
- Food handler cards should be required of all employees per state guidelines.
- All employees must wash their hands often.
- Ice machines should be sanitized on a regular basis.
- Food storage containers should be labeled with the date.
- Monthly pest control services should be performed on the premises.
- Restrooms should be property maintained, inspected and refreshed throughout the day.
- Preventive maintenance should be performed regularly on all heating, cooling, and refrigeration equipment.
- Check to ensure the hot water heater is set to an acceptable temperature.
- Proper safety guards should be in place and functioning on all machinery.
- Chipped, broken, or cracked glass is to be discarded immediately.
- Properly train employees on safe money handling.
- Have a safe on premise and safeguard the key/combination.
- Do not leave cash in the register overnight and leave the register drawer open.
- Change your route to the bank daily.
- Keep the interior and exterior of the building well lit.
- Develop a standard opening and closing procedure.
- If you have an alarm system, arm it and change the passcode regularly.